Thursday, October 13, 2011

WHat are you planning to do this month?

Hello all,

This is just a test !!

Mehwish Issa

5 comments:

  1. testing...

    Are we using this blog to post before each session? I had group yesterday but only one member showed up. We did go over the first section on schools and some of the information was helpful to the member. It also brought up some good points of discussion.

    Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!!

    Samantha i think this blog is created for us to share our thoughts and discuss any problem we are having with the groups.. We can also plan our groups together and help each other out! It will be great if we all can update each other about our groups.

    I am sorry to hear that it was only one person but i am sure you did great..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    We had 3 grandparents and a guest speaker, CPS teacher. Started out with an ice breaker - your favorite food, TV show, book and person most admired. Then we went over the same items for the grandchildren. That was interesting! Two grandparents don't read books and do not cook. Our discussion hit on charter schools, homework, Special education and relationships with the school. Two issues that I will have to deal with: keeping us on topic and not letting one person dominate the discussion.

    Two had to leave at 12:30 p.m. to pick up their grandchildren. Continued with the remaining grandmother who has 2 granddaughters who are preparing for college. Our CPS teacher, "guest speaker" brought an inspirational short story for us to read out loud, about a teacher and her very different pupil ---Teddie Stoddard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello everyone,
    I know we are starting groups again this week. Anyone have any suggestions for the first week? I know we are waiting on updated curriculum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no plans!! I am waiting for the meeting to get updates :)

    ReplyDelete